Friday, December 3, 2010

Installing Phones at Queen City Marketplace

It was kind of a cold, gray day in Staunton today. I've spent a lot of it showing Queen City Marketplace and working on my Real Estate License training. Both have been fun.

At Queen City Marketplace, I met with some great prospective tenants, and I can't wait to see their businesses come to life in that space. I love talking with people about their dreams. I would like to help make them come true. Then David, the Verizon phone guy, came in to hook us up, so we ran around the dark floors of the building, including the basement, looking for the phone box. It's an old building, so "it could be anywhere." Turns out, we have a box on the first floor, it was just covered up by lots of wires that the last tenant installed. The flashlight tour was worth the wild goose chase, though.

I wish some more of the pictures came out, but the old iPhone didn't work very well in the darkness.Tin ceilings on every floor, and raised retail areas on a couple of them. Plus, a weird little basement... little compared to the enormousness of the rest of the structure.

I also just realized another selling point for the space. We're right next to the police station. That should make people feel safe. Maybe someone should open a doughnut booth in Queen City Marketplace. Just a joke, officers.

Anyway, it's been a great week in real estate, and I feel like I'm really getting someplace and still learning a lot and meeting some great people.

No comments:

Post a Comment