Friday, March 25, 2011

This is a preformatted review I did through GoodReads about TRUMP's BOOK, How to Get Rich

Trump: How to Get RichTrump: How to Get Rich by Donald J. Trump

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Donald Trump is one of those fascinating people I can't understand why I think he's fascinating. I'm sure I don't like him. I'm sure that he is a mean-spirited man who yells at people and micromanages them and destroys because he can. I don't think I would want to count him as a friend.



When I read his book, though, I could not help but think to myself, "if I were more like him, I would hate myself, but I would be rich." I also found myself saying things like, "if my father had been a millionaire, I might be a billionaire right now if I were the right kind of jerk."



Trump is like John Gotti. He's a celebrity criminal who's flamboyant enough to make books like this interesting enough to get through. His arrogance makes up for his lack of writing talent, and his short chapters are like a James Elroy homage or something.



This tasteless beast who builds golf courses and rides limos through the McDonald's Drive-Thru and stars in their commercials is hard not to psycho-analyze. . . and surely he's counting on that. So, all you amateur psycho-babblers, have at him. And while you're shaking your head at how horrible his mother and father must have been, you'll find yourself raising your eyebrows at the very few pearls of business wisdom sprinkled like scatter shot in this book.



Also, the title is bull shit. . . a joke or a marketing curve ball. And that's funny.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment