Monday, March 14, 2011

If I Had the Time, I would Open a Record Store in Staunton


If I had the time, I would start a record store in the Queen City Marketplace.
The Queen City Marketplace opens in a few days, and I think a record store would be perfect for the space. I think it would be perfect for Staunton. I think we need a record store.

If I had the time or just a brain big enough to add one more iron to the fire, I would definitely open one. I think it would be awesome to own one, and I think it would make money. Probably, it wouldn't turn enough to live off right away, but I would start it small and grow it slowly.

Here's a link to an article about opening a record store.
Many of the issues opening such a retail effort are circumvented by having it in the Queen City Marketplace. Plus, there is a guy who repairs musical equipment and record players who is taking a space there, and wouldn't it be awesome to share a space with a guy like that? He could even help you hunt down a cheap turntable.

If you live in or near Staunton and want to start a record shop, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment