Monday, January 24, 2011

The Think Little Workshop



We did this thing called the Think Little Workshop at the Queen City Marketplace over the weekend. Different people talked about different things on a panel of sorts, and we all networked, might seem pretty standard. Maybe it was in a lot of ways, but I don't think we bored anyone, and I hope we stayed on message.

The message: It's time to stop thinking like some billion-dollar company or government plan is going to make a drastic change in your life; it's time to to think about your own life and business on your own scale; to think little.

My portion of this and why we hosted it at the Queen City Marketplace was about thinking little in real estate. This has been a difficult thing for me ponder because real estate comes in the size you get it. Sure, you can spend a lot of money and split lots and convert uses, but basically, once you get the real estate you can't move it shrink it or do much to it to change it drastically, especially in this economy and if you weren't born a millionaire.


I enjoyed this workshop a great deal, and I hope that other people did, too. It was a massive turnout, over 70 people, and the news channel and the newspaper were there to report on it. Some great publicity for Queen City Marketplace and for the Jack Morgan as realty person brands. It was also wonderful to engage people about their businesses. I want to do more of that. It's one of the reasons I love this industry so much.

I want to more of these kinds of workshops or seminars. I think they're great networking opportunities for everyone involved, and they keep me creative about what I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment