Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Real Estate, Branding, and Hair Stylists

Agent Genius posted this article about a hair styling company in the UK that has found a very interesting way to keep their labor force AND their customers.
It certainly is interesting the way access to education keeps people around. I think that if I were to get free education on different things, professional development of my choosing, I would probably stick with a company for a long time and take a lot of crap from them. I value education a great deal, though.

Meanwhile, I brought in a lease at the Stratton Building that will include a new hair stylist. That industry is very secretive, so I'm not supposed to mention names for a bit, but now we will have two hair styling businesses in the same building. They both do massage and nails and hair. I think it's great that there are so many businesses like these in Staunton. Women love getting their hair done. Some men do, too. I cut my own hair, usually, to varying results. If there were a true barber shop here that did the whole shave with a straight razor and all of that, I would probably go to it. Men, for the most part, have lost their ability to pamper themselves in a way that's healthy and aesthetically pleasing to the opposite sex.

Also, there are still some great spaces in the Stratton Building. We have the third floor available, and there are still a couple small offices on the second floor. I love having an office in this building. We a have a koi pond and a huge lobby. I think I'll make a post just about the Stratton Building soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment